Tinley Park

Welcome To Tinley Park!

Tinley Park---Was our first move after leaving the South Side of Chicago.  Paul and I, and 3 daughters (at the time) ventured past 159th & Harlem to a new Gallagher & Henry development and built our wonderful 3 BR 2.1 bath Forester-model Home. At the time the population in 1987 was about 38,000 residents and Harlem Avenue only had 2 lanes each way. It felt like I had traveled hundreds of miles away from our beloved South side of Chicago where water and garbage were included in our taxes!  Tinley Meadows was full of wonderful families that we latched on to and we enjoy those friendships to this very day! Neighborhood traditions: my husband would dress up as Big Bird and travel the neighborhood on Halloween! And Paul also coached all of our girls’ softball teams!  Our block also hosted Candy Cane Lane every Christmas where all residents participated in our making of lighted candy canes and reindeer.  Ahhhhh….the memories.

Our children enjoyed the great Park District Day Camp and July 4th celebrations in the Park! Tinley Park now offers an amazing White Water Canyon Water Park.  We have been there this year.  But they do not allow strollers so Grandama (that’s me) is always welcome!!! Great Lazy River & even I ventured on the slides!

To date Tinley Park has over 60,000 residents and multiple lanes on Harlem Avenue!!!!  There are 3 outstanding train stations in Tinley Park. I often meet friends on Saturdays in the summer at the Oak Park Avenue location for breakfast.  Yes, that’s right. Cavallini’s Café and sometimes, wedding venue—runs this establishment.  Enjoy the live train track that runs through the ceiling. And if you do NOT have vertigo….walk the circular stairway to the lookout where you can see downtown!!

Tinley Park was as great stepping stone full of memorable adventures for our family and I so enjoy showing homes back in my neighborhood!

Search Tinley Park Homes for Sale

New Listings

Featured picture for the property 09783126
$120,000
TINLEY PARK, IL
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Baird & Warner MLSNI
Featured picture for the property 09782878
$279,900
TINLEY PARK, IL
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Coldwell Banker The Real Estate Group MLSNI
Featured picture for the property 09782849
$575,000
TINLEY PARK, IL
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Pinnacle Real Estate Group & Management LLC MLSNI
Featured picture for the property 09782371
$99,900
TINLEY PARK, IL
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of VILLAGE Realty Shoppe MLSNI
Featured picture for the property 09782825
$274,900
TINLEY PARK, IL
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Keller Williams Preferred Rlty MLSNI
MLSNI The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity program of Midwest Real Estate Data LLC. Real Estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo or the Broker Reciprocity thumbnail logo and detailed information about them includes the names of the listing brokers. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may subsequently have sold and may no longer be available. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Copyright (c) 2017 Midwest Real Estate Data LLC. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA) NOTICE

Today's Market Trends for Tinley Park *

$275,610

-0.01%

$137.0000

-0.02%

-0.05%

September

August

-0.08%

0%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable